Friday, October 9, 2009

My First post (and a little bit about me)

Hello one and all,

My Name is Nathan and i have been wanteing to start a blog for a while now, and have gotten extremely close many times. The difference between this time and all those other times is the fact that today i felt the need more than any other time for me to get the word out there about what I've been going through. I currently have cancer which is located in multiple places in my brain and in my spine.

The cancer first appeared 3 years ago when i was a student and University of Missoui - Columbia, aka Mizzou. I was nealing the end of my sophomore year and started to notice a problem with my eyes, considering i knew multiple eyedoctors back home that my sister and step-sister worked at i figured i would go to them, but as it progressively got worse i went to the student medical center and then Mizzou's hospital, and came to find out the reason for my double vision and other problems i didn't really notice (because i was so worried about my eyes).

The first doctors thought I had Myastenia Gravis. but the lesions they thought were related to that condition slowly grew and they discovered it was "Germinoma" Brain Tumors and the three years since that day have been an on and off hell which included things such as brain tumor reoccurance, problems within my family, problem holding a job, problems with people i thought were family, among many many others i would love to get to right now but will have to do at a different day as my eyes aren't seeing very well today and my shoulder fells like it is slowly being drilled into. But if you read this please come back because i would love to share my journey with you.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Nathan,
    It's so good to hear from you! I hope you are able to keep up with your blog, because it will be very nice hearing how you are doing and what you are up to! I think of you and pray for you every day!! I know you have been through so very much, but just keep taking it one day at a time! You are doing great, and you have A LOT of people cheering you on, including me!!
    Hugs & Love, Linda Thomas-Send Love Today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nathan!
    It's wonderful that you have started a blog! It is a great place to find wonderful friends when you seriously need someone, anyone, to talk to, or just plain get advice. I didn't deal with tumors, but I did have a form of cancer myself. I will keep up with your blog and be a friend with you anytime you need me!

    Keep your chin up!
    Angel Hooper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nathan,

    I am praying very hard for you, buddy! My kitty cat and I are praying for your miracle every day!

    Hugs & Lots of Love,
    Linda Thomas-Send Love Today

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nathan! I am a volunteer with Send Love Today and just wanted to drop by your new blog to say hello! I am so glad that you started this blog so all of your SLT buddies will be able to keep track of how you are doing...and so we can pray specifically for you. You are in my prayers already & I hope you are enjoying Autumn so far! :0)
    Hugs (from just across the river!)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nathan,
    I am Anne Young and from Send Love Today and want you to look out for the card which is going to be in your mailbox VERY soon and it coming to ya ALL the way from New Zealand (bloody miles away I know!!)
    Lots of love you
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nathan,

    I hope and pray that November is a better month for you! You are a tough guy and we have lots of prayers going for you! Never Give Up buddy!! We're all pulling for you!!
    Hugs & Love,
    Linda Thomas-Send Love Today

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nathan,

    I forgot to put on my last post - my mom said to tell you Hi and that she is praying for you!! She has been trying to leave a post on this blog but hasn't been able to, so I wanted to let you know that you are in her thoughts and prayers too!

    Hugs & Love,
    Linda Thomas-Send Love Today

    ReplyDelete
  8. To the family of this awesome young man, I am so sorry for your loss. In the short time I have been sending cards to him, I grew to love him as a son. Cannot explain it but did. So many prayers were said for him from so many people. God just wanted him and now the pain is over. Sending prayers to comfort you in the days ahead.

    Connie Jo

    ReplyDelete